Thursday 6 September 2012

REVIEW: Ghostly Images by Peter Townsend




I received a copy of the book for review from the author.

After reading the book summary, I was intrigued and couldn't wait to start reading. 

I found the subject matter very interesting and unique as I haven't read a book about 'spiritual photography' before. I found the first half of the book a bit on the slow side but, it was still interesting to read. The second half picked up pace and became more captivating, and I found that I couldn't put it down until I finished reading.

As the story progressed, you start thinking about who 'The Whitby Ripper' could be, and I kept trying to figure it out but I kept failing, until about two thirds of the way through but, I was still surprised by the reveal as you don't really think the character would do something like commit murder. As a whole, the book was good and thought provoking at times (I will definitely be researching 'spiritual photography' to find out more about it).

The main characters were great to read about especially Hood. Hood became my favourite character, as he had a complex personality and I loved how he came across as a charlatan to some and a saint-like helpful figure to others.

I think the author did a great job to write a book set in 1894 and with an interesting theme with a bit of murder/mystery thrown in. I think this is a great book for readers who like books set in and around that time period and with an interest in photography with a paranormal twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment